Friday 7 October 2011

no stranger than fiction


when you were younger, did you ever think you were the only person who had a brain, who could think, who lived, and everyone else was just put there to be in your life? (okay maybe it was just me... *tugs collar*) but that was how i felt till i was 9 and wondered what a friend was doing, and went, 'holy mother of moses other people continue living their life when i am not around.'

it was a relief the fate of the world no longer depended on me.

6 comments

  1. HAHAAAAAAHI TOTALLY THOUGHT LIKE THIS TOO!!

    I distinctly remember being 4 and thinking

    wow,
    I am the only one ~here~.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I remember being about - ten? I guess - and for the first time realizing that my parents had actual lives of their own (!!!), they weren't SIMPLY my parents. I remember that the insight of that really threw me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, hahaha 'I am the only one' totally know what you mean.

    Hanna, yes for me too! accepting parents weren't just parents! haha oh man...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the exact same way, but instead, I thought everyone around me was a robot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i totally thought the same things! that's amazing, i thought i was the only one. guess i'm not actually controlling the world in my head then. haha, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hanna, :)

    sarah, at least we all control our individual worlds! i think/hope...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everything! Including the ones that are like 'Single fathers making 5K at home doing nothing! How you can too!'