Saturday 7 December 2013

cloud atlas


i went to climb sunset peak yesterday.

the presence of silence as you ascend is like entering another world (without traffic, people, stock market screeners, basically what you expect when you climb a mountain). i could hear my heart beat like thunder (and they were thunder because i had just climbed half a freaking mountain without stretching). 

when i met the heavy fog half way, i thought: i could die here, and no one would ever find me.

that's when i heard voices. i turn to find them and three dudes in the distance look at me in unison. there goes my life. one of them runs up and asks if i am travelling alone. 'please don't kill me,' i plead. he laughs as though i have seen through his plan, and i make him repeat after me, 'i will not kill you.'

in the end they let me live and even gave me some water when i thought i was going to dehydrate.

16 comments

  1. i love these photos! all your photos really. and texts. will you ever do a little fanzine or something? there's something very soothing about your work & words. take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clara, you're too kind. My initial reaction was probably not, but then I remember what Justin Bieber told me (and 7 billion other people) once (many times): never say never.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos.
    I'm glad the dudes speared your life =]

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I like this movie.
    2. I like these pictures.
    3. I remembr this story!
    4. I originally planned to go to sunset peak today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. It's a movie? Oh it's a movie.
      2. Thank you.
      3. Yes, it remained untold on this blog for a while haha.
      4. I saw you made it!

      Delete
  4. look forward to watching the movie one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you deserve far more followers that you have, dear. your work is stunning.

    covet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quality people and we all know the saying... haha, but thank you very much.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photo and funny story :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serena06:46

    This story is awfully familiar haha, didn't you write about it before?

    Your photos are nice as ever btw, jealuz u_u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instagram! No jelly here, only cakes.

      Delete
  8. This is what I need after my exams.

    http://cladradd.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous09:51

    extreme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everything! Including the ones that are like 'Single fathers making 5K at home doing nothing! How you can too!'